It’s the New Year and to celebrate we bring to you eleven important events in the 3D printing industry in 2013. The year of 2013 is the most momentous year in the history of 3D printing so far. Let’s take a look at some of the big events of the year.
- The ongoing acquisitions of smaller 3D print-related companies by the giants, Stratasys and 3D Systems. In 2013 they acquired companies too numerous to mention.
- The ongoing controversy of 3D printed weapons as triggered by Defence Distributed. Recently the US government extended bans on such weapons.
- The explosion of 3D printing into retail industry.
- Stratasys’s lawsuit against Afinia, in what could be the beginning of a series of legal actions that could fundamentally reshape the personal 3D printing industry.
- The beginning of a release for intricate 3D scans previously held privately by major institutions.
- New personal 3D scanning equipment, such as MarkerBot’s digitizer and 3D Systems’ Sense handheld scanner.
- The explosion of attendance at 3D printing conferences.
- The new focus on unusual 3D print materials, by both small hobby equipment makers and the giants.
- The massive success of Kickstarter-based 3D printing companies, including Formlabs and Pirate 3D.
- The rise of crowd-sourced 3D print serviced from companies such as MakeXYZ and 3D Hubs.
- The incredible public interest and awareness of 3D printing, which even reached presidential levels.
Sourced from http://fabbaloo.com/blog/2013/12/31/eleven-important-events-for-3d-printing-in-2013.html
36 Fieldway Road,
Toronto, Ontario M8Z 3L2
Objex Unlimited is a 3D printing studio located in Toronto. We take pride in all of our products and services, offering the newest, and highest quality methods of production. With a highly skilled team of trained individuals we have no doubt that we can offer your business alternatives, which will save you work, time, and money. We use advanced 3D Printing Technology to produce Rapid Prototypes and highly detailed Concept Models directly from CAD Drawings. We can bring your CAD designs to life by creating real parts you can use and models that you can hold in your hand. Our commitment to you is to deliver in DAYS. Don’t let prototype production hold up your design cycle. Objex Unlimited is an Authorized Distributor of Artec 3D Scanners and 3D Systems Professional 3D Printers.
Monday-Friday 10am-6pm EST