- Builds on ProX™ 500’s superior part quality, precision and durability
- ProX 500 Plus has expanded range of new materials and offers new faster print speeds and higher resolution
- New materials include glass-filled DuraForm® ProX GF, aluminum-filled DuraForm ProX AF+ and DuraForm ProX EF nylon
3D Systems(NYSE:DDD) today announced it will preview its fastest fab-grade Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) system yet, the ProX 500 Plus, at EuroMold 2014 in Frankfurt, Germany. Building upon last year’s successful ProX 500 release, the ProX 500 Plus continues the company’s efforts to redefine production 3D printing, adding upgraded speeds, higher print resolution and an expanded range of engineered composite materials to the line’s already stellar part quality, precision and durability. Like the ProX 500, the ProX 500 Plus delivers injection molding-grade parts without expensive fixed tooling for highly complex and mass customized production. Parts from ProX-series SLS printers exhibit long-lasting, fab-grade durability and functionality as well as smooth surface finish.
With the elevated production capabilities and repeatable results of the ProX 500 and ProX 500 Plus, service bureaus and large manufacturing operations—in industries like aerospace, automotive, electronics, customized medical devices, consumer products and rapid tooling—can rethink entire production and supply chain strategies for advanced product performance and lower total manufacturing costs. In addition to high material recyclability, the ProX 500 Plus allows for greater flexibility, so companies can explore localized manufacturing for step-change ability to exploit evolving marketplace opportunities and gain first-mover advantage.
A key element of the ProX 500 Plus’s industry-leading engineering capabilities is the addition of three exclusive high-performance materials to the DuraForm® ProX line for use in the ProX 500 Plus:
- DuraForm ProX GF is a glass-filled polyamide (Nylon) material formulated for maximum stiffness and elevated temperature resistance. For parts that will undergo thermal stress or those that require high rigidity—like aircraft and automotive parts, complex housings and enclosures—DuraForm ProX GF will be the go-to material.
- DuraForm ProX AF+ material is an aluminum-filled polyamide (Nylon) with a gray appearance, high strength-to-weight ratio, elevated thermal resistance and improved machinability. This material is perfect for manifolds and similar under-hood automotive models in addition to jigs and fixtures—any end-use or working prototypes with a cast aluminum aesthetic for engine and other equipment components requiring high force loading.
- DuraForm ProX EX is a high impact strength nylon material with increased durability and remarkable flexibility. DuraForm ProX EX will be ideal for applications with high-force snap-fit designs, thin-walled parts and other fine-featured models needing nearly indestructible toughness and durability.
“Simply put, the ProX 500 Plus delivers the highest quality end parts with a combination of speed, precision, economy and robust material choices to a level that no one has seen before,” said Buddy Byrum, Vice President, Product and Channel Management, 3DS. “This 3D printer provides the most long-lasting parts for the most challenging operating environments.”
The ProX 500 Plus’ new high-resolution mode prints part features down to as small as .45mm and boasts higher part density, tensile strength and modulus stiffness. In terms of print speed, the ProX 500 Plus offers 30% faster printing in high-speed mode.
For over 20 years, 3DS has set the standard for SLS 3D printing, proving its parts in prototyping, rapid tooling, end-use and functional testing applications in demanding applications around the world. Today its SLS printers set the industry’s benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical devices, fashion, consumer products and more.
3DS is exhibiting the ProX 500 Plus and revealing its new materials portfolio at EuroMold 2014 in Frankfurt, Germany from November 25-28, 2014, at the Messe Frankfurt in booths D69 and F90 in hall 11, along with its latest 3D printers, advanced material options, cloud-sourced custom parts and digital thread of 3D capture, creation, print and inspection tools. Expected availability for the ProX 500 Plus is early 2015, and an upgrade kit will be available for existing ProX 500 customers at time of launch. Watch a video of this new production SLS printer here.
For more details on 3DS’ announcements at EuroMold 2014, please visit 3dsystems.com/resources/press-room/euromold-2014. Also join 3D Systems’ President and CEO, Avi Reichental, for a broadcast of 3DS’ extensive showing at EuroMold starting on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. EST by visiting 3dsystems.com/resources/press-room/euromold-2014 and clicking on the broadcast link.
Learn more about 3DS’ commitment to manufacturing the future at www.3dsystems.com.